Outside Sales: Mechanical Services
Busy mechanical contractor is looking for an experienced salesperson to sell industrial mechanical contracting services. Advanced Equipment Sales (AES), seeks a dynamic sales professional to develop new business in the mid-Atlantic region. AES specializes in providing custom designed material handling systems and related equipment for industrial and commercial applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong industrial / heavy mechanical background as well as excellent sales and customer service skills. This position requires travel within the target territory. AES offers an excellent compensation and benefit package plus unlimited opportunity for growth in a fast paced, professional environment. Our culture values integrity, creativity and innovation, and recognizes the importance of each individual’s contribution to the success of our company.
Job Functions and Duties, to include:
- Sell Heavy Mechanical and Technical services within the prescribed territory
- Meet or exceed established sales quotas
- Travel to customer’s site to make sales calls, perform site assessments and obtain the required information for proposals, estimates and quotes.
- Prepare written proposals, and estimates and make in-person presentations to the decision maker(s) at customer’s location
- Responsibility to review and understand contract documents
- Collaborate with team members to ensure smooth completion of projects
- Attend weekly sales and production meetings, prepare pipeline / other reports as required
- Use and maintain company database / CRM / other sales tools as directed
- Participate and contribute to strategic marketing plan
- Assist with customer conflict resolution, A/R assistance, customer satisfaction, etc.
Desired skills and abilities include:
- Proven sales / closing skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and equipment manuals
- Knowledge of safe work practices and OSHA/DOT/MSHA regulations
- PC literate, with Microsoft Windows / Office suite
- Detail orientated: Ability to establish priorities, handle multiple tasks, work independently, and meet objectives without supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve problems professionally and diplomatically
- A current driver’s license is required with a good driving record of insurable quality.
- Ability to travel and stay overnight as required
- 3+ years’ experience in outside sales of industrial / mechanical services
- Proven record of success in meeting or exceeding sales goals and quotas
- Knowledge of heavy mechanical and / or technical services industry
How to Apply
At AES, we strive to attract talented professionals who take pride in their work and thrive in a team environment. Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com.
About this Company
AES – Advanced Equipment Sales, provides innovative, economical and sustainable material handling and recycling equipment and systems for waste paper, films and dusts, plastics, metals and more. We take pride in helping our customers achieve a greater level of safety, sustainability and profitability through the efficient handling of their process materials, waste and recyclables. Products include balers, compactors, conveyors, shredders, separators and filters, and dust collectors. We specialize in integrating this equipment into automated systems that collect waste and scrap materials for further processing and ultimately, recycling. Our heavy mechanical services include rigging and machinery moving, fabrication, installation, project management and commissioning. Our industrial services department offers 24/7/365 customer service and support, parts and consumables.
Our core values can be summarized as a commitment to excellence, honesty, respect, creativity and innovation, and we strive to apply these values both professionally in our work, and personally in our daily lives. We endeavor to attract like-minded individuals for the AES team.